Instead of undergoing plastic surgery, some patients with mild to moderate signs of aging on the face may be better suited for hyaluronic acid fillers. These cosmetic injectables are readily available with Dr. Dimitrios Motakis of Toronto, ON and can be a great alternative to a facelift.
Why do patients choose hyaluronic acid fillers?
Hyaluronic acid fillers, also known as HA fillers or dermal fillers, are effective and reliable injections that can be used to achieve desirable results. These fillers are perfect for addressing volume loss or creases in the face without the requirement of surgical procedures such as a brow lift or facelift. They have many advantages that make them a popular choice for our patients.
What are the benefits of HA fillers?
Patients choose hyaluronic acid fillers for a variety of reasons.
- Improvement and augmentation of the face and lips
- Smoothed skin free from fine lines and wrinkles
- Address the appearance of deep acne scarring, such as ice pick scars
- Provide temporary results without a long-term commitment
- Easy dissolving of the filler if patients want to reverse the changes
- Safety and efficacy when administered by a trained and experienced professional
- Minimal risks, including bruising and swelling that will resolve over the course of several days
- No surgery and downtime
- Reduced risk of infection when compared to traditional surgeries
Who is a good candidate for dermal fillers?
The best candidates for dermal fillers are people who have specific areas of the face that they would like to improve. For example, people who have lost volume in their cheeks or who have wrinkles around their mouth may benefit from dermal fillers. Patients who want to address mild to moderate signs of aging without plastic surgery may also want to consider the advantages of cosmetic injectables over surgical interventions.
How long do HA fillers last?
Most of our hyaluronic acid fillers will last approximately six months, so patients can come into our office two to three times a year to have reinjections performed to maintain the changes longer.
How do I learn more about dermal fillers?
Dr. Dimitrios Motakis of Toronto, ON is available to help both men and women combat the unwanted signs of aging on the face. If you are considering hyaluronic acid fillers, or other injectables such as Botox®, Sculptra, Radiesse®, or Belkyra®, we encourage you to call us at 416-925-5775 to request an appointment at our office.