- Dr. Motakis and his team are absolutely phenomenal, from consultation to surgery. Best surgeon I have ever gone to and only one I will trust with any future surgeries. Super glad I came across this gem of a clinic! - E.M.
- Simply amazing. The entire team is top notch, but Dr Motakis is incredible. Caring, kind, compassionate, he is everything a person could ask for. I’ll never go anywhere else. - G.E.
- My experience with Dr. Motakis and his staff was excellent. They all made me feel very comfortable. Dr. Motakis is an excellent surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone. I am extremely happy with my results!!! - C.Y.
Here at Dr. Motakis' Plastic Surgery office in Toronto, our primary goal is to safely and effectively help you achieve the look you want. We understand that your appearance has a direct impact on your level of self-confidence and satisfaction. We also understand that you may want to address issues like loose, sagging skin without the implications of surgery. Our nonsurgical skin tightening modalities have been carefully selected to achieve remarkable results with little risk or downtime.
Learn more about our skin-tightening treatments and how they can serve your cosmetic goals. Contact us today at (416) 925-5775 for a personal consultation in our friendly, professional office!
How Does Fractora Work?
Fractora can be described as radiofrequency microneedling. The purpose of microneedling alone is to stimulate collagen-producing cells in the dermis. This technique has been performed for many years with little to no downtime. Fractora goes beyond microneedling to achieve profound tissue regenerating effects. This non-surgical treatment works by creating small channels in the skin. The micro-injuries cause a tissue-repair process to occur, regenerating the matrix of collagen and elastin that supports the skin.
During Fractora treatment, the microneedles emit controlled radiofrequency energy. What the radio waves do is enhance the stimulation to the cells in the dermis that are involved in tissue remodeling. Fractora treatment can be customized into one of three levels, enabling us to achieve optimal results.
- Light Fractora treatment is performed in a low-energy setting. Due to the low energy, there is less downtime and fewer side effects, and also more subtle changes in the skin. You can have a light Fractora treatment every two to four weeks.
- Moderate Fractora treatment involves medium-strength radiofrequency energy delivered to the deeper layers of skin through tiny needles. You may receive moderate-level Fractora treatment every two to six weeks for a series of four to six treatments for more dramatic tissue remodeling. You may need three to four days of downtime to allow redness and swelling to subside.
- Deep Fractora treatments may achieve remarkable results with just one to three sessions. This depends on the degree of improvement you want to achieve. You can have deep Fractora treatment as often as every six weeks. That said, you can also maintain the effects of your treatment with touch-ups every six months.
What Areas Can Be Treated with Fractora?
Fractora skin rejuvenation is often performed on the:
- Upper or lower eyelids
- Smile lines and perioral area
What Conditions Can Fractora Improve?
Fractora is a proven skin-tightening treatment. It can improve skin firmness and also the appearance of acne and acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles, rough skin texture, and stretch marks.
How Does Forma Skin Rejuvenation Work?
Forma skin tightening treatment also relies on controlled radiofrequency energy to improve the appearance of the skin. During this treatment, the thermal energy permeates the upper layers of the skin without the risk of hot spots or discomfort. The Forma device has built-in temperature controls that prevent overheating without diminishing the desired effect within the layer of dermal tissue. During treatment, radiofrequency waves get absorbed into the dermis. The heating of dermal tissue prompts stimulation within the fibroblast cells that produce collagen, resulting in tighter, firmer, more youthful skin.
How is Forma Different from Fractora?
Both Forma and Fractora stimulate collagen production. Their delivery is slightly different. Fractora can be described as RF microneedling, whereas Forma is a conventional radiofrequency treatment. As such, Forma works through volumetric heating of the dermis. This heating causes the subdermal tissue, which supports the appearance of the skin, to contract. Fractora can decrease the severity of fine lines and creases like nasolabial folds, and may also tighten the tissue along the jawline that contributes to jowls. Fractora can achieve similar results by delivering radiofrequency energy directly to the dermis via tiny needles.
Forma and Fractora skin tightening offer significant rewards with little investment of your time. Your provider can discuss the nuances of each approach to help you determine your best treatment option!