Surgical Solutions for Gynecomastia
- Posted on: Nov 15 2019
At the practice of Dr. Dimitrios Motakis, men and women have access to plastic surgery solutions that can improve their body contours and overall appearance. Men who have been diagnosed with gynecomastia and have been unable to achieve reduction with hormone balance solutions may want to ask a plastic surgeon about the benefits of surgical intervention.
What causes gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia can occur on men at any age, and is often the result of:
- Hormonal changes and imbalance
- Use of certain medications
Why reduction mammaplasty?
Excess breast tissue that develops on the male chest can not only be a cosmetic concern impacting the chest contours. It can also cause the breasts to sag and stretch the skin around the nipple area. With reduction mammaplasty, excess breast tissue can be removed and the chest contoured more appropriately to a patient’s desire. The procedure can also remove excess skin, glandular tissue, and localized fat for an improved appearance. When hormonal balancing and weight loss do not improve the condition, reduction mammaplasty is the only alternative available for men to consider.
Who is a candidate for reduction mammaplasty for the treatment of gynecomastia?
- Men who are nonsmokers and avoid illegal drug use
- Men who are in overall normal health and have no medical conditions that may be affected by surgery
- Men with realistic expectations as to what can be achieved with surgery
- Men who are within their ideal weight range
- Men who are unable to correct their condition through alternative methods
- Men who feel self-conscious about the appearance of their excess breast tissue
The best way to determine if a patient is a good candidate for reduction mammaplasty is to have the individual request a consultation appointment with Dr. Dimitrios Motakis. He can evaluate patients and determine what solution is best suited for their unique, individual concerns.
Speak to our team today about surgical solutions for gynecomastia
Toronto, ON area men who are dealing with the effects of gynecomastia are invited to schedule a consultation with Dr. Dimitrios Motakis to discuss their condition and the solutions available. His practice can be reached at (416) 925-5775 and is conveniently located at 199 Avenue Road.
Posted in: Gynecomastia