Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon
- Posted on: Mar 15 2019
Are you curious and confident about getting plastic surgery this year? Finding the right surgeon is the first step you’ll want to take. A trustworthy plastic surgeon will help you find the right procedure for you, and will help you feel comfortable about what you should expect. Avoid subpar results by finding the best surgeon for you. Keep reading for some of the best questions to ask your plastic surgeon, before you even decide on a surgery.
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Are you a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for each procedure I’m considering so I know what to expect?
- What do you predict my results will be like? How will they differ from my expectations?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
- How many surgeries of this type have you performed over your career?
- Am I a good candidate for this surgery? Would you recommend another procedure?
- Where and how will you perform my surgery? Is this different from other surgeons?
- How long should I expect my recovery period to last?
- What kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- What are my options if I am not happy with the outcome of my surgery?
Finding the right plastic surgeon is the most important thing to consider when looking into having plastic surgery. Find someone you trust, that will tell you the truth and will recommend treatments with good logical reasoning for why.
You should feel confident in your plastic surgeon and the procedure you’ve both agreed on. Make sure to ask questions because if you know what to expect, you’ll feel more involved in your surgery. You may also feel more empowered to bring up issues or complications. If you’re ready to learn more, give us a call at (416) 925 5775 to schedule a consultation today.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery